2016 Wild Ferment by Gaia Wines, Vol. 13%
Grape Variety: 100% Assyrtiko
Region: Santorini Island
Did you Know?
The Assyrtico grapes used for the Wild Ferment come only from the upland vineyard of Pyrgos, a small Cycladic island.
The grapes here are more aromatic than the ones from Santorini.
One of our favourites here at TGL. This wine has slight citrus aromas well-combined with elegant oak notes, a rich mouth fell, crispy acidity, intense mineral flavours and a long finish.
- Octopus, chickpea, fennel, caper, manouri cheese & basil salad, tahini ladolemono
- Seared Scottish scallops, pastourma, elephant beans plaki (slow cooked extra large beans from Kastoria)
- Grilled Sardines, crostini, roasted cherry tomatoes, galotiri cheese, Greek nasturtium
- Daily fish on the plancha, warm potato, fennel & watercress salad
- Kefalotiri saganaki (pan-fried cheese), dry cured Kalamata olive paste, sesame seeds & wild thyme honey (v)